About KLM Engineering, Inc.
Over nearly three decades, KLM has grown into a nationwide leader in the water storage tank industry with clients in municipalities, private companies, government agencies, and more. With offices in Minnesota, Illinois, and Missouri, we specialize in consulting and inspection services for tank and tower rehabilitation and new builds.
KLM Engineering is seeking a driven, technically focused licensed civil engineer with a focus in the water industry to join our growing team. Under the direction of the Manager of Engineering, this position will assist the engineering and field inspection department in preparing and reviewing reservoir condition evaluation reports for steel and concrete reservoirs, review modifications associated with AWWA, state health, and OSHA standards, and consult with project clients in the development of project technical specifications, bidding, and construction processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze field inspection notes and create condition assessment reports
- Review structure integrity and design structural components for water towers and ground storage reservoirs
- Perform review of designs and submittals for steel and concrete structures
- Develop cost estimates for repair and rehabilitation projects
- Understand current engineering codes, standards, and regulations
- Prepare procurement documents, technical specifications, and drawings for publicly advertised bidding
- Attend weekly office production meetings, pre-bid meetings, bid openings, etc.
- Develop an understanding of paint systems used in the industry
- Work closely with project clients and contractors
Skills and Qualifications
- BS in Civil/Environmental Engineering
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in design engineering
- Exposure to construction of steel and/or concrete projects
- Ability to perform site visits in a variety of drinking water facilities
- Strong integrity and ethics
- Ability to interpret engineering sketches and drawings
- AutoCAD proficient
- Registered PE in the state of MN or the ability to become registered within 6 months.
- Career development opportunities
- Educational opportunities
- Team oriented atmosphere
- Competitive salary
- 90 percent employer paid medical and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Paid Holiday
- Full 401k retirement plan
- Includes automatic 3% employer contribution
- Paid one on one consultation with financial advisor
KLM is an EEO/AA employer.