Storage Tank Inspection Consultant | Structural Engineering Firm
Founded in 1995 by the former coatings department of a prestigious engineering firm, KLM Engineering is a structural engineering and inspection consulting firm based in Minnesota. Throughout the past twenty-five years, KLM has grown into a nationwide leader in the water storage tank industry with clients in municipalities, private companies, government agencies, and more. KLM specializes in services from the top of the tower to the bottom with:
- Structural Engineering
- Inspection and evaluations of concrete and steel storage tanks, pressure vessels, GAC tanks, water treatment plants and other related structures
- Reconditioning, Painting and Design Build
- Preparation of project specifications for tank rehabilitation/ lead paint abatement and disposal
- New Tank Construction
- Asset Management and Service Plans
- Maintenance and Welding Inspections
- Storage Tank Products and Mixing Systems
- Brittle Fracture and Coating Failure Analysis
- Non-destructive Testing
- Emergency Services
We have a comprehensive list of service offerings for a reason, and that reason is to ensure storage tanks and water towers are safe and in compliance. If you need it, we can do it.
Team of Choice | Customized Approach
At KLM, we have assembled a team specific to the needs of our clients with an extensive knowledge base of 150 combined years of experience.
Our Engineers Are:
- Registered Professional Engineers with practical knowledge of current designs and code requirements.
- Experienced at examining existing tanks regarding corrosion, structural integrity and fitness for continued service
Our Inspectors Are:
- National Association of Corrosion Engineers (NACE) trained/certified protective coating inspectors
- American Welding Society (AWS) Associate/Certified welding inspectors
- Experienced Journeyman painters, climbers and riggers with the proven abilities to perform proper hands-on inspections and testing
- Experienced in project management and enforcement of specifications for quality control and lead abatement.
Workplace Safety | 0 Lost Days In Over 3,000 Work Days
At KLM, safety is a priority in every facet of a project. We have an impeccable safety record while performing inspections and evaluations. We are very transparent about our safety practices because we want our clients to feel confident about the services we provide and how we provide them. Annual training relating to the KLM Safety Manual and OSHA standards is conducted at the beginning of each year on safety topics ranging from:
- General Safety
- KLM safety checklist
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Blood Borne Pathogens
- First Aid
- Fall Prevention
- Confined Space Entry
- Hazard Communication
- Lead Hazard Program
- Open Flame Spark Hazard
- Lockout/Tagout Program
Other training courses are implemented in KLM’s safety practices such as OSHA 10 and compliant climbing.
To learn more about how we can help you or on our safety practices, call us at 651-773-5111 today.