Interested in applying to our NACE Coatings Inspector position? We’re hiring inspectors at our St. Paul, MN and Chicago, IL locations. Check out our job description below and use the form at the bottom of the page if you think this job is a good fit for you!
About KLM Engineering, Inc.
KLM Engineering is a structural engineering and inspection consulting firm based in Minnesota. Throughout the past twenty-five years, KLM has grown into a nationwide leader in the water storage tank industry with clients in municipalities, private companies, government agencies, and more. KLM specializes in services from the top of the tower to the bottom.
KLM Engineering, Inc is currently seeking applicants for NACE Coatings Inspector. This is a regular full-time, seasonal position that typically runs from the end of March into November, weather dependent. Projects may be located throughout the Midwest. Training, personal protective, and inspection equipment for this position is provided at no cost to the employee. The NACE Coatings Inspector reports to the Project Supervisor and Vice President/COO.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Able to climb fixed ladder up to 150-feet
- Perform initial structural integrity and protective coating evaluation
- Monitor’s time and expenses on projects
- Responsible for inspecting, accepting, and/or rejecting work performed as detailed by specifications or applicable codes
- Prepare daily and weekly inspection reports on conditions, progress, weather, and acceptability of work
- Perform on-site project management during construction and rehabilitation of tank(s)
- Act as a liaison between the Owner, Engineer, and Contractor
- Travel to multiple job sites if needed
- Other misc. duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- High School Diploma
- NACE Training (Level I, II, or III)
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license
- General knowledge of construction projects, practices, and specifications
- Ability to take quality pictures
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Excellent communication skills
- NACE affiliation, coating application, and welding background
- Career development opportunities
- Educational opportunities
- Team oriented atmosphere
- Competitive salary
- 90 percent employer paid medical and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Full 401k retirement plan
- Includes automatic 3% employer contribution
- Paid one on one consultation with financial advisor
KLM is an EEO/AA employer.
This position would start training/work in March 2022**